When is it customary to give carnations?
Carnations are flowers that can convey a wide range of emotions, from deep love to simple friendship. Their variety of shades and shapes make them one of the most versatile and popular flowers in the world.
Their versatility and beauty make them the perfect choice for any occasion. Don't be afraid to experiment and find new ways to express your feelings with this amazing flower. And if you feel difficulty in choosing the right bouquet for a special occasion, Felicita flowers is here to help. Our professionals will help you choose the best bouquet just for your event, making it even more memorable and special.
The historical context of giving carnations
Carnations, for many centuries, have remained one of the most popular and sought-after flowers. In ancient Rome and Greece, the carnation was a symbol of the goddess of love and beauty. This flower was used not only as an ornamental plant, but also in religious rituals.
With the advent of the Middle Ages, the carnation became a symbol of fidelity, as many believed that this flower could protect against adultery. In medieval Europe, carnations were often given to lovers at weddings as a sign of an unbreakable bond and long-lasting marriage.
The symbolic meaning of the different shades of carnations.
Carnations attract attention not only by their fragrance, but also by their variety of shades. Each color has its own special symbolic meaning:
- Red carnations are a symbol of passionate love and deep respect. They are often given as a sign of a strong and passionate relationship between partners.
- White carnations are a symbol of purity, innocence and purity. They are ideal for weddings and other celebrations.
- Pink carnations are a symbol of gratitude and motherly love. They make a great gift for mothers and also as a token of appreciation.
- Yellow carnations - despite their bright and sunny hue, are traditionally associated with disappointment or betrayal. But in some cultures, the yellow color of carnations can symbolize joy and happiness.
Carnations at a wedding: a sign of steadfastness and devotion.
Carnations, thanks to their variety of shades and long-lasting freshness, have long been a popular choice for wedding bouquets and arrangements. These flowers symbolize steadfastness and devotion, making them an ideal choice for such a solemn occasion as a wedding.
White carnations at a wedding adorn the halls, tables and cars of the newlyweds, emphasizing the purity and innocence of this solemn day. Pink carnations can be used to decorate the ceremony venue, symbolizing the parents' gratitude and love for the newlyweds.
Many couples choose carnations for their wedding bouquets because of their unique texture and ability to be combined with other flowers. They stay fresh for a long time and can maintain their appearance throughout the wedding day.
Carnations as a show of sympathy and a sign of friendship.
Carnations have long been a symbol of warm feelings, sympathy and friendship. While roses are often associated with romantic and passionate love, carnations are a more gentle and warm display of affection.
- Pink carnations are perfect to give as a token of sympathy or to express your admiration for someone. Such a bouquet can be a great choice for a first date or as a way to compliment someone.
- Orange carnations symbolize enthusiasm and joy. They can be a great choice for friends to emphasize the brightness and intensity of your socializing.
- Yellow carnations, though they have a complicated reputation, can be presented as a sign of true, sincere friendship.
Modern trends and interpretations of carnation gifting.
In today's world, the meaning of flowers and their interpretations are becoming more and more multifaceted. Carnations are no exception. Today, carnation gifting can go beyond tradition:
- Minimalism: Modern bouquets strive for simplicity. A small bouquet of a few carnations of the same color is stylish and modern.
- Combination with other colors: Carnations are often combined with other flowers, creating interesting and rich compositions.
- Carnations in interior design: More and more often these flowers are becoming part of home decor, complementing interiors with their fresh fragrance and bright colors.
Carnations are not just beautiful flowers with a rich history. They are a symbol of the various feelings and emotions we experience in life. From friendship and sympathy to deep and passionate love. In today's world, carnations continue to be relevant and sought after, adapting to new trends and interpretations. Their versatility and beauty make them the perfect choice for any occasion. Don't be afraid to experiment and find new ways to express your feelings with this amazing flower.